Purpose: To share our learning about Matariki; what is it? And how we can celebrate Matariki in our own way?
- Retell the story of Matariki like a play
- Write a story about Matariki
- Make a model about Matariki
- Create a piece of art about Matariki
- Learn and sing songs.
- Create a movie about Matariki to share (it could be a legend or about Matariki)
- Create a facts Kahoot about Matariki
- Create a TV commercial advertising Matariki
- Create a debate about this statement: “Matariki Day should be a National Holiday”
- Choose one of the above activities
- Ask yourself: Will it suit my buddy? Is it appropriate for the amount of people in my group?
- Research some facts about Matariki: What, When, Where, Why, How, Who?
- What resources do you need?
- Prepare the things you need for morning for buddy time
- you will have from to complete it with your buddy
- The following week you will have more time to edit / practise / put on the final touches
- Be prepared to share with the whole-school on Thursday Matariki Day
What do you enjoy the most and why?
Making the art and having lots of time with the little buddies because it was fun.
What challenged you the most and why?
Probally making the speech because I didn't know much about Matariki, but now I do.
What do you need to get better at and why?
Maybe helping the little buddies because they didn't know what to do
How can adults help you with this goal?
Encouraging me to help the little buddies.